Tuesday, April 22, 2014

MALAYSIAN GETAWAY PART 2: PENINSULAR MALAYSIA



I was excited to go back to Kuala Lumpur, knowing that I missed a lot the last time that I was here.








Our hostel was near Chinatown and the Chinese influence was very apparent from the food to the look of the downtown. I stayed in a different part of the city before, and I must say that this part was more charming and I really did get to enjoy it a lot.








It was an early second day in Kuala Lumpur as we headed to the sacred Batu Caves. Foreign and local tourist find their way in Batu which is less than an hour away from the capital. The cave is one of the most popular Hindu shrines outside India, and is dedicated to Lord Murugan. The limestone forming Batu Caves is said to be around 400 million years old.








That night,  we took a sleeper train on the way to Penang. I'll write another entry about it cause there were so many things to talk about that charming city.





That afternoon, we caught the last bus going back to Kuala Lumpur. The next morning, we just took it slow and explored the capital.  It was so difficult to explain, but I just love the eclectic vibe that the city brings. We also visited the iconic Petronas Tower. 












Eight days seems so short but we were able to visit a lot and we were able to explore the two sides of Malaysia. Seriously, it felt rushed and I'd want to do this trip again but maybe I'll spend more time in Penang, and I'll try to Visit Ipoh and Malacca, another Unesco World Heritage Site. Overall, it was a great summer trip.



No comments: