Monday, October 03, 2005

WEEKEND GETAWAY


My weekend's a blast, thanks for me being impulsive... I really had to escape... my work was piling up, I was fighting with my business partner, I was being petty with the guy that I am seeing, I was bitching with the cat next door... (I would have wanted to report the owner because pets aren’t allowed in any vertical living. At first I thought I was imagining things, that I was hearing a baby cry or something but in the end I realized that there was a cat next door, making these awful sounds like it was in heat or something)… I was always in the bad mood… as in I wasn't really thinking straight (haha, pun intended)… bottom line, I was just so burnt out with work...

So ayun kahit sobrang wala sa schedule, at medyo limited sa budget, I really just had to leave manila with a good friend. Sobra walang plano, Thursday evening, I was calling evryone that I know if they want to join me sa bora, I was able to get a freebie room from a friend so pamasahe na lang problema, buti na lang a group was going there na naka chartered (there was another friend celebrating her birthday, she knew the owner of the airlines and the airfare was unbelievably low… so low it was almost a joke), all the signs were there saying na... "Pao... umalis ka muna at baka magnervous breakdown ka na"... haha.


I was calling some friends to join, I have a free room and an airfare almost half the price but everyone was just so freaking busy, buti na lang I have a very good friend na kaladkarin. Pumayag si mokong at the last minute, he’s also impulsive like me so he asked his boss if he can skip work for a day and he joined me there... The trip was all worth it…sobra saya that we ended up staying another day...





Konti pa tao and the beach was so peaceful, I gotta hang out and talked with the locals which was I think the best thing in the island... Ken and Dino, two ultra sports buff who are very much into kite boarding, this is a sport that is slowly taking the island by surprise… it was so freaking expensive though...I think $275 dollars, but they were asking me If I’d want to try it for free… I chickened out… I was scared na baka liparin ako tapos di na ko mabalik sa island… and yeah… I don’t know how to swim… haha.



Then there was Mario, the local zoologist… he’s the one taking care of the Fairways butterfly farm… it was my first to go inside a butterfly farm... God, I swear I had the most fun. To tell you the truth, I wasn't fond of butterflies before… It is only now that I appreciate how magical they are… from a creepy caterpillar to a regal butterfly. I love what they undergo through… Metamorphosis is such a cool thing.



My next project… I’d want to stay in Bora for a month… I’ll try to make money by selling my art or doing crafts there (I think I’m getting good with the jewelry making thingy)… I’ll pack my bag light (which I always do) and live how the locals would live in the island… which is to live simple but spend your time the best way possible. I think I can hack that… This trip was different from the last time because I really had a good time. I was literally one with the island.

Anyway… now I’m back… working my ass off again… trabaho to the max… but am more relaxed now and I believe that I can take up the beating once again. I feel 110% recharged and my efficiency is at its best I think... para ako ngayong energizer bunny... the action never stops… haha... =)




4 comments:

Kyubey said...

*sniff sniff*
i love bora... i left my heart in bora...
*sniff sniff*
i mean... not the whole romance thing... but... it's just so nicew there noh? hehe!
*sniff*
my cousin and i talked to this girl who worked in cafe del sol... she's been in bora for 2 years straight... but she's really from paraƱaque...
kinda like bein' on a permanent vacation, noh?
in any case...
:)
hehe!
it's back to the city life for you... hahahaha! :)
take care superboy... :)

Paolo said...

Haha... the Island is truly magical noh?... wonders never cease... hehe. So where's Kyuubi boy now? You back in Manila?

Kyubey said...

so... is this like our own little bulletin board? kinda like...

*(public announcement stinger)*
female voice (like the ones you hear at the mall): attention Superboy, the Nine-tailed Demon Fox has left you a message at the board, please retrieve it when able. Thank you!

hehehehe!

yeah... hopin' to make the trip to bora this december... given that my world doesn't crumble this month. hehehe! but i'll be one helluva magician to pull this trick off... :)
i was just in and out of manila this past week... but will be there longer this following week... :) take care flying the polluted skies. :) hehehe!

chinese vendor (heralding his products):
gas mask for sale! :)

John said...

yeah, boracay does things to a person no other place can. god, i miss the blue-green water... di bale, i'm going back there for new year's. i hope.

the best thing is to just lie on the shore and let the waves gently lap at you. i love how the sea dwarfs me.

--john