Monday, May 01, 2006

ANCIENT ANGKOR


It was about five years since I first saw Wong Kar Wai's In The Mood For Love. It was also the start of my love affair with the great Angkor Wat. I've read a lot of books about it and I knew that one day I really have to check it out for myself.

I actually have planned my trip to culminate in Cambodia because I want it to be the highlight and the climax of this very long journey. And the Ancient Angkor didn't disappoint me. I slept early the day before to catch the sunrise, and what I witnessed was just magical.

A fellow traveller, Andreas, and I spent the whole day there doing nothing but trying to get lost in the beauty that the monuments have to offer.


No words can really describe it. It's just truly magical.




I really had a great day taking pictures. Check out more pictures in my flickr page at http://www.flickr.com/photos/bohemian_child/.

I'd like to thank the people who left cool comments. Photography is a new found passion and I'm humbled with the words that people say about my work.

The Angkor experience was something spiritual for me. It just shows what greatness humans are capable of. And with this, I close this chapter of my journey with great hope and with much enthusiam.

Life is indeed beautiful.

No comments: