Thursday, March 17, 2005

BEDTIME STORIES


I was wearing my favorite little red shirt and I went deep inside the jungle.


For the nth time, I found myself in the very same spot, drinking the very same cocktail, dancing to the very same song again. I saw this unforgiving beast slowly making his move. I slowly waited for the wolf to eat its prey. The eyes was hypnotic… I found myself powerless. I submitted.

The moon was shining with its full glory. I was actually the one who’s always on the hunt and I was surprised how the tables quickly turned the other way. This was abnormal… paranormal, more like it.

The wolf took my hand and brought me back into the woods. I can’t move. The wolf pinned me down and slowly started to take my breath away. It was the point of no return. Then it started, the lost of innocence and the kiss of death.

“I will own you tonight.” I marked the words of the beast.

Twenty minutes later I was back in my crib. The beast continued with his feast.

It was like looking in the mirror. I saw myself. I saw the familiar moves. I heard the familiar groans. But this time it wasn’t me who’s in control. I was enjoying being in the bottom. The wolf gave its final and full thrust. I died in ecstasy.

Two hours later I woke up. My favorite little red shirt was lying beside my feet. The beast was fast asleep. I was staring outside my window. The stars bid their goodbye. I looked into the wolves closed eyes and tried to listen to its irregular heartbeat which I cannot make sense.

I told myself “This will never make sense. Bedtime stories are for kids. I would be a fool to believe that this will end happily ever after.”

That night, I tried my best to sleep. I was hoping that I would never wake up. I wished for a never-ending fairytale. Once again it never came true.

1 comment:

gail said...

powerful words... i could feel this strong longing for a happy ending while reading this