Sunday, March 13, 2005

DANCEFLOOR BITCHING

Sunday, 5:30 in the morning. When most people in this side of the world were sleeping, I was there dancing on the dance floor, listening to some of the greatest anthems, drunk and had no intention of calling it a day. I was out with friends doing what we do best… Celebrating single-blessedness to the fullest.

I had so much fun last night. I did some things that I’m not proud of but I’m not making any excuses. At least I’m man enough to admit that.

Hypocrisy is lurking around the corner of my door and I just hate it. I can’t fathom the fact that I’m slowly disliking some people who have been a dear part of my life for quite some time now. I know myself. It’s not easy to piss me off but if I loose my temper then that’s it. There’s no tuning back. Everything leads to indifference. It’s actually better for me not to like someone than not to feel anything for someone at all.

I can’t imagine how people can easily throw away their convictions just like that. After mocking the very same place and the very same people for apparently bursting their holy bubble I see them on the same premise sporting that holier-than-thou look again. Why go to a place if you feel that people around there are not your equals? It’s hypocrisy to the nth power.

How can people be so full of themselves? I always thought that being a modern day god is just a euphemism but apparently people do think that way. They believe that they’re above everyone else, that they’re supreme beings… that it’s a privilege for us lesser beings to be associated with them. God… how pathetic?

I better stop bitching because I’m turning into the very same person that pisses me off. I’m one of the good guys… or maybe that’s what I would want to think. But really I can never think so lowly of someone, I may not approve of what they do or what they believe but I respect them as human beings. I just need some space from these people and I think I’ll be ok with them again.


Back home, I listened to more anthems and danced some more… “Always waitin' for someone to make me happy… pick me up, I realize that someone is me. What you call life, that ain't livin'… Bless the child that's got his own. It's my season, now I stand alone. Just thought that I would let you know. Some things you just can't control.” Deborah Cox reaffirmed my religion.

No comments: