Monday, March 14, 2005

DREAMLAND


Welcome to my crib... if the walls could only talk... it will tell you countless tales of great fun and stories of great adventures that will rival even those of the Arabian nights. I adore this place so much, it is where I am most free and I most creative. And hey guess what ... my home sweet home will soon be a star!

I'll be doing an audio visual presentation this coming Tuesday and I'm all toes in cleaning because we're shooting inside my humble abode. It's basically your typical batchelor's pad... but here’s the catch… they'll use it for a sanitary napkin infomercial. Talk about the little ironies in life, huh!?


I always consider my place butch and manly. True, there maybe trinkets that would suggest otherwise like the Russian dolls, the gaudy orange doormat and or the zebra print throw pillows... but hey, one’s place does need a hint of color and texture right? My place reeks of “Alpha-male-ism” if there’s ever such a term. I believe that the testosterone level here is so high, that if you can just box up the energy that it emits it can actually power up a sizable chunk of the metro.

I actually don’t understand why. I hope it doesn’t say anything about the owner but then again, come to think of it… I may actually be the energizer bunny that I was unconsciously trying not to be. I’m always hyper, can’t stand being at one place at one time, and am always on the look out for some action whatever and wherever that maybe. And… uhmm… I think too much… that sometimes it clutters my mind.

Just like my home I think, you can’t figure what it wants to be. Perhaps it’s too adventurous for its own good? It’s shabby chic on one side, zen on the other… and the rest is kitsch and camp. There’s one unifying element though, all the things here are of great interests, they’re all important to me. Each object here I’m happy to say… I learned from them and I experienced life with them.

I sometimes may be too cluttered, directionless, a tad laid back for my own good… an alpha-male sometimes (haha… I wish), but I don’t regret anything that I did, cause I learned a great deal from them. These experiences… the people that I meet, my actions and my inactions… it sums me up. It makes me who I am. It completes me.

And then again… maybe it’s all just a lame excuse for my attention deficit disorder... haha... go figure…

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Nice one!