Monday, April 18, 2005

THE TEMPEST


I met him a month ago.
He didn’t really make that much impression. I meet a lot of people everyday. I have lots of acquaintances and they would usually stay as such, nothing more but acquaintances. I’m very friendly but my true friends know that I’m very picky with friends. I may have the aura of being very open but it would usually take time for someone to gain my trust. It would take time for someone to really get to know what I’m feeling and what I’m thinking.

Phix came without a warning, at a time when I was feeling so low. I was having problems left and right… with my finances, with my work, my friends were too busy to notice that I was crying for help. To make matters worse, I was having “problems with the heart”.

I never felt so alone. I was pretending that I was ok but deep inside I was on the brink of collapse. Phix stayed with me as I battled my own storm. He was there 24/7, literally... 14 straight days of unconditional platonic love. He would talk to me, he listened, he laughed with me, he cried with me, he cooked for me, he ate with me, he taught me stuff which other people might find elementary but the philosophies that he shared were more than enough to comfort me through my most difficult times.

He became my confidant in an instant. We would talk about destiny and we’d usually agree that fate and serendipity play a major part in one’s life. He believes that Wanggo (my bestfriend) is his destiny, and funny enough the person responsible for my “heart problems” would always pop-up from nowhere whenever Phix and I would go out. Phix would usually tease me that Miss Tracy Chapman and I are meant to be together because it’s too much of a coincidence for me to bump in to her even in the most unlikely place.

For Phix, everything happens for a reason.

Without me knowing it, everything did happen for a reason. The two special people in our life played as catalysts. We were each other’s destiny… especially at the moment when we needed someone to confide to, at that point in time when we were really feeling miserable and low. But what happens now when everything is ok… when we have already moved on?

Phix is such a rare find especially these days when everyone you meet tends to be superficial. Unfortunately the bad side of me can’t reconcile this way of thinking. I am superficial. Phix and I are getting too close for comfort. I need to detach myself from the tempest otherwise things will be more complicated in the end. The storm has settled and I’m ready to face the world again. Alone. I can only function efficiently if I do things on my own. How do you tell that to someone who has been so unconditional all through out?

I need to find myself again… and only time and space can help me now.

No comments: