Tuesday, August 30, 2005

FAST CAR, PART 3

I see myself heading the exact same route.

And it scares me to know that I’ve been on the same road before, passing the same pit stops, maneuvering the same corners. I keep on asking myself if I’ll ever learn.

Riding fast cars gives me the rush. I usually end up closing my eyes, covering my ears, shutting my mouth to escape the cold air but this time I told myself, I wouldn’t really care anymore. I’m having my fix and that’s what’s important.

I was scared. But you assured me.
I took my breath. You followed.
I inhaled. You exhaled.
I looked at the rear view mirror. You smiled.

I took my chance. You held my hand.

I see myself heading the same bumpy route but this time I’m not getting out of the car. I’ll stay put and I’ll fasten my seatbelt on to keep me safe.

You’re my driver, you can drive me fast but just be sure to follow the traffic rules.


My trust is onboard.

2 comments:

wanggo said...

Nice to hear that you are on the freeway again, Jayps.

Put the hood down and stand up and feel the wind in your face. It's exhilirating, isn't it?

I'm happy for you. Just keep the safety belt securely fastened, aight?

Paolo said...

I'm in love with the world. I'm in love with life. It's intoxicating. =)