Thursday, August 04, 2005

WHY DID THE CHICKEN CROSS THE ROAD PART 2


For the last two days, I was really feeling down.


Something bad happened. It bothers me that people think so lowly of me just because my actions, my writings, my words were misread. It bothers me that they form bad judgment on me just because they assume too much, just because they put too much value on ego… just because they haven’t seen the bigger picture… just because they don’t know the real me.

I always have this mantra since I was young, that in fights I should always accept that it’s my fault and I should always be the one to be blamed. Not because I’m chicken, not because I don’t want to fight for what is right but because I hate trouble. I hate fights… so as much as possible the cold buck should always stop at me. Life’s too short. It’s futile to waste people’s energy on misunderstandings.

I told myself I’ll not be affected, I’m tougher than this and I’m strong and nothing can put me down. Then a great realization hit me… my good friend texted … “But you’re a human being…” That got me thinking. Of course… I’m entitled to feel bad. I’m no man of steel; I’m no superboy even though that’s what I want to believe. I’m entitled to get hurt. I’ve the capacity to feel all these emotions because, after all, I’m just but a human being. And by getting hurt and by feeling bad I’ll value more the joys that this great life can bring.

And so with this realization, I’ll slowly move on. When people say to me… “don’t worry it’s his lost”, I can’t really say it’s all true because in reality it’s also mine. It’ll take me time to bring myself to that usual jolly person that I am but then again so what… I know that when I’m feeling better it’ll all be worth it.

My best friend Wanggo answered to my question – “Why did the chicken cross the road?” “Because the chicken is free to do whatever it is he wants to do” True. Then I told myself… it’s a good thing that I’m not a chicken… because as a human being I make greater things happen.


I just don’t cross roads. I build them.

2 comments:

wanggo said...

Such sophistry about chickens, huh? What a week we are having... But as I have heard before: "This too shall pass..."

It's not where we arrive but how we weathered the storm. We are definitely not chickens, Pao.

Fly high, Superboy, fly wherever you want to go. Unlike other dogs, Krypto flies with you like the good dog he is... ;)

We'll get through this. It's not in our nature to buckle down.

"The opposite of war isn't peace; it's creation..." Jonathan Larson

Paolo said...

Thanks Wangs. I told you so... fate has made me the luckiest person alive. I will always say this, you're my yin and yang, my reason, my compass, my conscience.

Tough role I know but thanks for playing it well.