Thursday, March 02, 2006

ANCIENT KINGDOM AND THE GIANT BUDDHA

My three day stay in Ayutthaya was very spiritual.



The group was joined by a local to offer a simple prayer of thanks in the Wat Phanan Cheong temple, just across the river Chao Phraya.




The shoot surprisingly went ahead of schedule. The set-ups were all smooth-sailing and the group opted to check out the amazing ruins of this ancient kingdom of Ayutthaya. It's a very enriching experience for me. Justine asked me if we have the same buddha and temple ruins back home, for a moment I actually thought about it, forgetting that we were 90% predominantly Christians. I told her that there were temples but Buddhism isn't really the predominant religion of the country. I remember going to two temples back home, the Macho Temple (Am not kidding, there's a temple with this name) in La union and the temple in the Malate area.



I wished Justine goodluck. It was nice seeing her again after 6 years. Time really is so fast, a decade ago, I was preparing my trip to U.K. for my studies, now I'm helping my ex-school mates already with their movies. I couldn't wait to see the final edited movie. She told me that it'll be ready in two months. I brought them to the train station and just like what I've planned, I'll be continuing my journey up north.

More detailed stories of my trip next time. Wish me luck!

No comments: