Saturday, October 14, 2006

LIFE OF A MEDIA WHORE

I was literally holding my breath for one week. I had to do an AVP for a jeans company, and the owner had to rush us because she had to present it to prospective business partners in like seven days. I thought that it was not plausible but my agency pushed me and told me about the monetary compensation. Didn't think twice and accepted the project.

It really is a tedious work... doing AVPs. Cramming all these informations in one or two sittings, clients expecting you to be an overnight expert on their field. I haven't really had a decent sleep for a week now. Not my favorite thing in the world but it's the most satisfying. At least it really pays you well. So does that make me a whore, a soldout? I don't care. And I'm actually very happy with the outcome. Given the time constraint I was still able to deliver a good one (yabang, but I'm really proud of it). My clients are happy, I'm happy with the extra dough that I'll be using for something that I will really enjoy.

My friend Ivan and I are brewing up something come first quarter next year. I've enjoyed backpacking so much I'm actually inviting a number of friends to join me in my next journey. This time it'll be different because I'd be touring with dear friends. I'm beginning to enjoy this life of a "gypsy"... I'm living the life of a bohemian and I'm really ok with it. Working 9 months straight and enjoying the first three months in another country. It's actually a good way to start the year.

I actually felt that I was more productive this year and more efficient because I was able to really get that much needed rest. Got the inspiration to get me going. I have at least two or three months to go before the traveller in me packs his bags again. I'm working double time to really get more things done. It's good that the rackets are coming... too bad that there's no time to even slow things down... grab a beer, get a good book, party the night a way... but that can wait. It's always good to strike the iron while its hot and that's what I'm actually doing.

It's good also that I'm learning the value of money now. Slowly saving for the real future... unlike before where I can just be so impulsive and spend them hard earned money with the useless stuff. Now I'm trying my best to save the spare dough for the rainy days. But ok... I'm no hypocrite. I kinda still treat myself from time to time and try to enjoy the fruits of the loom.

Here are some of my great finds...


SNOW PATROL CD
This has gotta be the coolest band for me right now. I don't know... I just really dig Scotish musicians. The first time I heard Damien Rice's song from the CLOSER Soundtrack I knew I had to get the name of the singer... which turned out was a part of a band called SNOW PATROL. I"m listening to my favorite track called "YOU COULD BE HAPPY" - my current state at the
moment.


LOGITECH HEADPHONE
I'm always having difficulty with my ipod headphones. Maybe I was just too clumsy that the headphones always find their way out of my ears. I was really looking for a new headphone with a headband of some sort when I saw this in Greenhills. It was such an eyecandy. The price wasn't that bad, and the sounds are just amazing. Had to get it in the end.


WONG KAR WAI COLLECTION
I just had to get the fix for my celluloid rush. And when I heard that there was the Won Kar Wai collection, I just knew that I had to get it by hook or by crook. Wong's like my film god if ever there's one. He's not just a director that I look up to but his movies in a way mirror the chapters that I'm actually going through in my life at one way or another. The Wong Kar Wai collection was like made for me.

I'm just like a kid bragging his new toys... hehe. Life of a media whore isn't that bad after all. :P

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

wong kar wai collection.. i'm green with envy..

Paolo said...

I'm such a cheapskate. this would me my first original collector's box. Worth it though. Heard that they have bootlegs of Almodovar Collection in Quiapo. Hmmm...