Saturday, November 19, 2005

FOR THE LOVE OF THE HOUSE


Interesting players abound this year’s WCG.


For instance, the U.S. team for counterstrike fielded in twin players as part of their roster. Then there’s this head turner Valerie from Germany who’s the sole female player among the 700 hopefuls. Talk about girl power, she seemed like she just came out of an FHM mag or something.

Then there’s this hot player from Russia named Alex who dyed his hair white, red and blue to show support to his country.


And the cutest player that stole everyone’s heart was the three year old boy Amir from Iran who can barely talk but his hands were damn unbelievable when it came to the Fifa Football game.



These interesting sorts made the games more colorful and an interesting watch.

It’s Friday night and Camille introduced to us her Danish boyfriend Tako. We first met for a good dinner at Emerald Hill, another chi-chi place to spend your hard earned moolah – 1750 Pesos just for a fairly decent meal and a drink (I can’t help it but I turned into a walking calculator since I got here).

Then off we went to Zouk. I was hearing a lot of things about the bar. Esquire voted it as one of the top ten best clubs in the world in a poll. So I was really expecting a lot. The queue was just unbelievable. And for $30 entrance, it’s really no joke. Clubbing here is indeed a serious business. Zouk is a superclub. It’s like Embassy but in a way much more grander scale. It has three humungous bars in its compound. First is Velvet Underground (I just so love the name), true to it’s name it emits a Warhol-esque vibe. It was like Andy-and-Nico-will-show-up-any-moment feel. The interior designer must have been in acid when he designed it cause it’s really psychedelic. The music gets my nod- Stephane Pompougnac of Hotel Costes fame was their anthem.

Then off we went to Phuture, the second part of the superclub. It’s all Hip-hop here and the crowd was just amazing. I’m really no fan of the genre but Tako and Camille wanted to stay for a bit so San and I had no choice but to dance a bit. Then we went to Zouk. This made my night really. I’m such a fan of “House” I can’t help but to feel orgasmic whenever great tracks came my way. Then there’s this huge banner saying “FOR THE LOVE OF THE HOUSE” which greeted everyone who enters. It was like going to Church or something.



Everyone was all prepared and everyone knows their music. House is their religion. There was a lot of Tiesto, Armin Van Buuren and Nick Warren mix playing. Last time I enjoyed good house music was Cream last Holloween. Too bad that we were in Singapore early. Apparently, in two weeks time,Van Buuren and Nick Warren will play in their yearly Zoukout (similar to a Big Fish event in Manila) where apparently 50,000 House and music aficionados are expected to attend.

I’m such a House Junkie. I just love the music really. And everyone did. One thing I liked about the people here is they go clubbing to appreciate and to dance to good house music. I, for any moment didn’t feel or saw the pretentious crowd who went to clubs just to be seen. Singaporeans, I give them a nod because they really know how to party.

San and I had to be responsible though, we had our curfew. So at 2.30am, when the crowd was just at its peak, we went home to prepare for the big event tomorrow – Philippines Vs. Germany for Counter Strike: Source.

It’s ok. I had my fair share of good House music.



I know that I’ll get my good night sleep.

2 comments:

Kyubey said...

that explains why you don't return my messages... hehehe!
i loooove singapore! :)
hehehe!
i could live in orchard road all my life. :)
owh owh owh!!!
i love Fox Men's pants... hehehe!

p.s.
on any given day... i'd choose a singapore taxi over ours... hehehe!

Kyubey said...

cloned hearts? :)
that's against man's law...
cloned BF's however... is relative.
hehe!
it's all relative! :)
i doubt santa'll give me a gift this year... i've been a bad, bad, boy... :)
and not in a good way. :)
hehehe!