Sunday, November 20, 2005

LAST LEG IN SIM CITY

We had all our hopes but maybe our best just wasn’t as good enough, yet.

Team Philippines bowed to their worthy opponents. We gave them a good fight though. Who would have ever thought that a bunch of sophomoric kids would beat up professional gamers in the World Cyber Games? And they did, they were able to moved to the finals beating Finland which was a big team to beat. The Pinoy kids were having the time of their life playing not just for themselves but for the country as well. And for that alone, we were really proud of our boys. Kudos to all of you, I’m sure we will fare better next year.

Talking about next year’s event, I just hope somebody would still sponsor my trip though… the next one will be held in Italy. Amore… that, I can’t wait.




We didn’t want to leave Sim City without checking out the Art of Star Wars Exhibit in the Science Museum. It was a welcome treat to all Star Wars fans. Memorabilia from all of the six episodes were there.

I saw two iconic props, Padme’s birthing table and Darth Vader’s operating table.



I was so thrilled. DV’s the most iconic character when I was growing up, and no other cinematic character comes close, not even Superman I think. And seeing the very same costume that he wore during the actual filming in person was definitely an experience of a lifetime.


And for this alone, the trip to Sim City was definitely well worth it.



No comments: