Tuesday, November 15, 2005

SINGAPOREAN SLING AND SLANG

The group arrived a day early. I was expecting to see some action with the boys but the opening ceremony will not be until tomorrow... I was so tired, haven't really had enough sleep because we had to be in the airport at 6:00am in the morning. Nothing much to do, San and I found ourselves killing our time in the net cafe... trying to check out and learn a local slang or two. Singapore's too clinical for me... It's so perfect... It's like Sim City come to life. It's too good that it's predictable and kinda dry. I miss the dirt, I miss the spontaneity... miss the old rustic charm of Manila.

It's Tuesday and there was nothing happening in town. We went to Zouk and it was close so we ended up in this quaint bar called... uhumm... Rest Room. Nothing exceptional really, it was just that it was the first bar that looked cozy and that looked like it had history. The bad thing was there was no bar list so you have to tell the waiter what drinks to mix. For goodness, they didn't know how to mix Singaporean sling so I ordered a Screwdriver instead... damn it cost me $17 or roughly 550 Pesos.


San wanted to check out other bars but I had to beg off cause I was really tired.

Six more days to go... I don't know how I'll last...

No comments: