Monday, November 07, 2005

RETRO TRIPPIN

Apparently there's a big group of music aficionados who are returning to vinyl records.



That's way cool I think, I remember when I was young, I'd usually check out the turntable of my relatives and would ask them to play me an album or two. Even at a young age I love hearing and checking out cool music. I'm no Ipod fan really, I think they're covenient but I miss the novelty in listening to cassette tapes and stocking them neatly as collections. I used to save money when I was in elementary to buy 45Pesos cassette tapes of my fave artists. So I was thrilled when I heard that there'll be this cool exhibit in Makati of analog music technology.

So I went there, one sunday afternoon, and to my surprise not only was there an exhibit but there were some artists who'll perform to a live recording. The recorded gig will then be pressed into a limited vynil record. The line up was pretty impressive. Nyco Maca was captivating, Mishka Adams and Up Dharma Down were just amazing. It was an afternoon well spent. I got the music fix that I was craving for that day and I couldn't wait to get the vynil record. I got to check out cool turntables and antique amplifiers too. The entry level price wasn't cheap, reasonable though... I promise myself that I'll save for it and start collecting vynil. They just sound so much better... and a dozen or two stocked neatly look way much cooler than any nano there is...

Well then again, maybe that's just me really..

No comments: