Wednesday, February 22, 2006

BACK TO SIM CITY

Ahhhrg.... work was like eating me up in Manila.

I had to be at the airport 9am, but 9:30 I'm still at my place burning a dvd for one of my clients. I couldn't believe why things don't work out for me that easy. (I'm just so freaking disorganized with work schedules). I promise myself that i will leave my phone so that I can just concentrate on the vacation/work but at the last minute I changed my mind just because I figured I need my phone just incase my family gets worried or if an emergency comes and they need to contact me.

Anyway, I'm back in Sim City. Yep, I'm in Singapore. It's the cheapest flight to Bangkok and since Justine will only be covering for a one way flight, I had to get the cheapest fare there is. There was a good promo but it also meant that I had to stop in Singapore and spend an overnight for a connecting flight to Bangkok. I asked a friend who's based here if I can crash for the night and he was kind enough to host me for the night.

Since he's working, I had to wander around on my own. I remember saying that Singapore was boring last time I was here. I think it's slowly picking up. Or then again maybe it was a different thing for me this time because I don't have work here and I'm just really here to roam around and have a good time. Last November, I was here for more than a week and I didn't even had the chance to check the place out.


I just finished checking out the National Library and I also went to this big Chinese Zodiac monument in Bugis Street. There, the fortune of each every single sign are posted. Snake apparently will have a good one this year. I'm no Chinese but I'm so crossing my fingers that the good chi will do me good. It also said that it's a scholarly season for me. meaning It's a stupendous time for me to devote more time in learning new things which I'm actually doing at the moment. I'm kinda enjoying Sim City this time.

Time to go. I'll be posting from time to time to document my trip.

No comments: