Thursday, February 23, 2006

LEAVING ON A JET "STAR" PLANE

It's amazing how the promos are for low cost flying.

I don't know how they manage with the fuel prices and all but by giving dirt cheap prices for travel it makes the world a really small place to live in. I'm happy that with $19 I can travel from Singapore to Bangkok.

I had a great time in Sim City. Though I didn't have much time, I was able to check out all the familiar places... the Merlion again, Suntech (this mamoth like mall that you'll literally get lost in), and Bugis Junction (I think this can be compared to Baclaran). I got to sample the spicy laksa soup for lunch and the curry fish for dinner. It was a great food trip for me.

I thank Chris, my friend that for a short notice he was kind to take me in as a guest. He had pahabol pa because when I was checking out his book collection, I saw this interesting title that I already heard from someone - The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-time. He told me that I can have it because he's finished with it already. It was a great way to past time for the three hours flight.




The book revolves a round this autistic kid who goes on writing his murder mystery novel when the neighbor dog got killed/murdered with a garden fork. He investigates everyone around the neighborhood and his investigation leads him to another mystery altogether. I'm on page 20 and it's well written, it's in the point of view of the autistic kid so it really does make an enjoyable read.

I'm now in Changi Airport, miracle because I was relatively early for my flight. The check-in counter wasn't open yet so I had to roam around the premise first.Got myself a coffee and am writing now in the internet stands for free which are placed strategically around the airport premise.


I'm excited to go to Bangkok, meet my friend and watch movies in the festival.

More travel stories soon.

No comments: