Sunday, February 19, 2006

TRAVEL TIME

I'm packing my travel bag once again.

I'm leaving for two weeks to help my friend film her short narrative in the south east region. I'm actually excited because travelling is my favorite thing in the world. What's good is that travelling is also part of my bread and butter. It was always had been. Though my passion is doing narrative films, my first official job after school was in a travelogue. I enjoyed every moment of it. Though it's not thta lucrative and it requires a lot of time and effort, it's so enriching and I get to learn and visit new places that I don't think I'll be able to visit if it wasn't part of my work.

I've been to the most difficult places to go to. Rocky mountains, never ending rough roads, heck, I've even walked for 5 hours carrying a heavy tripod once when we filmedin Aurora, but I didn't complain a word. I enjoyed it very much. I was once trapped together with my crew up the mountains of Nueva Ecija for 24 hours with no food and we couldn't get down because there was a military operation happening. But I live for these. I love the uncertainty, the unpreparedness, and the lack of information on what to expect. For two years this was my world.

I'm leaving for Thailand and I've seen the itinerary and I don't have a freaking clue of what to expect there and I'm so excited. I'm open, and I'm ready to learn.

It's travel time once again.

No comments: