Friday, February 24, 2006

FROM SIM TO SIAM

I'm back in the City of Angels.




There's something about Bangkok and the magic is so intoxicating. I mean in a nutshell, there's really nothing much to brag, the traffic is so bad, the air is so polluted, but the atmosphere and the people are just so amazing that you can't help but join in the revelry.

I arrived 6:50pm to be exact but I wasn't able to go out the airport till around 8:30. Not because there was something wrong with my papers but the immigration line is just so long it took me an hour to get pass through it. There's so many people coming in which is a bit sad because when I was in the Manila airport there were so many people going out. ANd with the current situation that we're in I'll not be surprised if everyone decides to leave. Huh! I don't want to be political just yet, I'll reserve my two cents worth of opinion next time, and believe me I have lots to say about what's happening now.

Back to Bangkok stories. I wasn't able to join the group to watch the last movie for the day on the ongoing film festival because it's a bit late already. After depositing my stuff at the hostel, I went to Siam Paragon to get myself a decent meal and waited for Justine and his DP (Director of Photography).


It's a skeleton set-up actually, just Justine, Marcus, me and Justine's boyfriend Otto who's also acting in the movie. The short movie is about this guy who wakes up in a remote Thail village after getting drunk in a pub in London. I have a funny story that kinda happened to me like this actually. I was having some drinks with friends in my pad then when I woke up I was in Tagaytay already. Justine's story is a bit more extreme. It's about getting lost and finding one's self in the proccess. It's almost like a docu-drama. We're shooting in Ayutthaya next week. And we're spending a week first in Bangkok to check out the International Film Festival. Justine helped in one of the movies that is showing.





They went to the Cinematographer's Day seminar and I can't wait to attend Saturday's class because Chris Doyle (my favorite Cinematographer) will be on it. After the dinner, we all went to Khao San to grab some beer and to talk about the movie set-up. Marcus tried their local beer called Singha, which is actually good, I got myself a bottle as well. After about five bottles, the two went back to the hostel and I decided to stay for a bit to write some entries.




Tomorrow's another day. I'm addicted to travelling.





No comments: